I put the Fragrance in the Coconut Wax and mix it all up!
Sorry for the ear worm! But I thought this would be a fun way to get your attention and tell you about one of the newest and biggest changes at Book Scents.
All of our Candles are now made with Coconut Wax!
You may have a lot of questions about this change and how it impacts your favorite scented candles. In the next little bit I’ll give you as much info as I can on what you can expect.
Help me share the news by pinning this graphic to Pinterest!
Why make this change?
I have always had a strong desire to make improvements – in my personal life and my business. I’m always reading, studying and evaluating. It’s part of my DNA.
Last fall I started hearing about coconut wax as an alternate to soy wax. I read as much as I could and started to see the benefits of this type of wax and how it could make my candles better. After the holidays I really dove deep into reading and even purchased a small amount of wax to test. I found everything I had read was pretty true in my hands on experience.
There were a few reasons I decided to go for it:
- Coconut wax is derived from coconuts which are considered a sustainable crop
- The extraction of coconut oil, which is a large part of the wax, is obtained through natural processes
- Coconut wax burns slowly and cleanly, and throws scent extremely well.
I also read more and more about issues with Soy wax – demand for soy possibly causing deforestation, pesticides used in the growing of soy beans and generally practices of big farm companies that I don’t agree with providing the byproducts used in making soy wax.
Between the benefits of coconut wax and the concerns I had with soy, I decided I had to make the switch.
What impacts will I see?
Based on my tests I think there will be two changes for you as a customer:
- Color: Because coconut wax is a clearer wax, it holds color in a different way. Basically this means that you might see a bit of a difference in the colors of the candles. Brighter whites are one change and I’m noticing that greens seem to be darker in this wax.
- Burn time: I’m so excited to share that the burn time on coconut wax is slow and clean! You may get a little bit more time with your favorite scented candle!
What if I notice a difference in my favorite candle?
As always, if you are not pleased with the quality of your candle contact me! You can do so in multiple places on my website or via email: email@example.com. I will work with you to fix the candle or provide refund.
If you have more questions about the switch to coconut wax, please feel free to post them here or email me at the email address above!