For all of our book and candle lovers, it’s the perfect time of the year to get crafty and creative…Easter is coming! And you know what that means…we’ve put together a fun little Easter Egg hunt for you to do with fandom candles! You can choose fragrances from any fandom or mix them up: Game of Thrones candles, Harry Potter wax samples, Black Dagger Brotherhood tins, and more!
This Easter Egg Hunt is super easy to put together and is wholesome fun! How about some fun for us adults!? We’ve created this DIY hunt with four simple steps and one optional one if you choose to get craftier.
Step 1: Purchase plastic JUMBO Eggs via Amazon or Target! 6, 8, or 10 inch eggs will do the trick! Patterned eggs are fun like these…or you can design your own with paint, tape…the possibilities are endless!
Step 2: Use our 1 oz wax samples, 6 oz wax tarts, or 8 oz tins to fill your jumbo eggs. We have tons of options in our store and oh-so-many fandoms to choose from. Don’t forget…these eggs don’t have to be perfect! No egg is created equally…but all can be beautiful!
Step 3: Include a bookish quote from your favorite fandom or a quote to match the fragrance product you equip in the egg! You can use little slips of printer paper or colored construction paper for these quotes to accompany your eggs!
A few favorite fandom quotes:
- “A book
unopened alters not the ink on its pages. What is there is there.”
― J.R. Ward, Lover Unbound
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “Does it ever stop? The wanting you? Even when I’ve just left ye. I want you so much my chest feels tight and my fingers ache with wanting to touch ye again.” – Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
date material, she thought. A vampire with the social equivalent of road rage.
---Beth about Wrath”
― J.R. Ward, Dark Lover
what's the matter wi' the poor child?" she demanded of Jamie. "Has
she had an accident o' some sort?"
"No, it's only she's married me," he said, "though if ye care to call it an accident, ye may.”
― Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
Step 4: (BONUS!) include a fandom-related charm or piece of merch to spice things up…and raise the stakes! Let the games begin!
Step 5: Hide the eggs in fun places! A little challenge never hurts anybody!
Fun places to hide Easter eggs indoors:
- A tissue box
- A bag of pet food
- The junk drawer
- A dollhouse
- The microwave
- Behind books on a shelf ;) (okay…this one might be TOO obvious, but we have to throw you some easy pitches!)
- Coffee can
- Empty shoe box (if you have any)
- Under the couch or TV stand
- Jacket pocket
And last but not least, remember to have fun! The idea behind this hunt is to bond over fandom quotes and candle products…and we hope that we are doing our job right over here at Book Scents by bridging you book lovers to your favorite stories by smell!